Brother in serious need of prayer

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests and Praise' started by Cloudwalker, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Cloudwalker

Cloudwalker The genuine, original, one and only Cloudwalker Staff Member

My brother (Mark) went in for surgery on a bad infection. Sometime after the surgery his heart stopped. They got him revived but he is on a ventilator with a breathing tube. His temp. at one point was 104 (now down to 99) and they had him packed in ice. Potassium way up and they have him on 24 hr. dialysis. He is responsive but can't talk (breathing tube). They may need to do more surgery for the infection that isn't completely cleaned up.

On other fronts this may also cause me serious trouble as he is the executor of my moms estate and he was sending me some much needed money from it and if he didn't do it before he went into the hospital I am in serious financial trouble.

2. Dani

Dani You're probably fine.

Oh dear. Praying!

3. IMINXTC

IMINXTC Time Bandit

Prayers for your brother. And praying for your financial needs.

4. Cloudwalker

Just talked to his ICU nurse. He is progressing. They have weaned him off of 1 blood pressure med and he's almost off a 2nd (he was on 4). Surgeons will be in later to debride the wound. They will probably give him a sedative for that so he may need to go back on 1 of the blood pressure meds. Friend was up to see him earlier and posted that he is communicative and it seems that he is in reasonably good spirits.

5. Liquid Tension

Liquid Tension No, it's NOT a fish!!!

Prayers for you, your brother and your family.

6. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Praying for you and your brother. Any updates on the situation?

7. Cloudwalker

He is off the 24 hour dialysis but are moving the dialysis port. They had only put in an emergency one and it got tangled up so they are moving it to a more permanent site so that he can leave it in when he gets out of the hospital if they think he needs to. They are also doing breathing tests where they stop the ventilator and let him breath on his own and those are going well.