At what point did you start believing in religion?

Discussion in 'Christians Answer' started by ChristianInspiration, Jul 9, 2017.

1. At what point did you start believing in religion? Did you always have that religious insight, were you raised in a religious family, did you have a personal tragedy happen that turned you to believe in god, just curious what all your guys input was in this scenario, when did you start believing in religion?

2. RabbiKnife

RabbiKnife Open the pod bay door, please HAL. Staff Member

I was religious all my life.

Fortunately, I eventually developed faith and a relationship with Jesus and left religion behind.

פNIʞƎƎS likes this.
  3. Athanasius

Athanasius Life is not a problem to be solved Staff Member

I have yet to. Religious practices are terribly important, sociologically speaking; and, utter nonsense for the most part.

A Christian home, but not a religious one. Far from it.

Personal tragedies - many; any that specifically turned me to belief in 'G'od? None.

4. פNIʞƎƎS

פNIʞƎƎS Connoisseur of Memes Staff Member

Exactly.

5. hisleast

hisleast FISHBEAT!

I was like... 5 or 6, and the church stuff made sense to my near infantile mind. I "made a commitment" and assumed that commitment was sound up until my 20's, when I started questioning. In my 30's I left the faith.
    To be honest, I don't feel much different.

6. Chuckz

Chuckz Member

I'm not interested in being religious. I talk to the savior, I read His word and I like to fellowship with other believers. I like to celebrate Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter like so many people do.